- Work is underway on my installation project for the Ninilchik Traditional Council, which should be unveiled sometime in June. I will post the event date in advance!
- I'm nearly halfway through detailing the symbol and inspiration for each letter of my written Dena'ina alphabet in a series of posts via my Instagram account @argentkvasnikoff. I started posting a sketch and description of some of the letters some months ago, and now I've been doing it more regularly in order because of the interest its piqued from my great fans, and at the encouragement of my great friends. When the whole series is done I will be creating a master alphabet description using the captions for the Qena Sint'isis project page. Then anybody can decode the "sound" of my art!
- There are two new original pieces for sale, the first from my Qena Sint'isis series to be made available: Kun°2 and Opalescence, and you can hop over to the store page to read more on them. Tsatena Uzintun is still available on the front page of the shop and its will help benefit my local sports program here in Alaska. Your support is greatly appreciated!
- My plate made for the Bunnell Street Arts Center's annual Plate Project is now on display in the gallery. If you have the chance to visit Homer please stop on by and have a look at this year's very cool collection. Plates can be purchased along with a membership level donation of $100 or more starting at the reception on May, 20th. They're first come first served and are also available before the reception for premium level members, so only one person will be able to get mine first, my apologies to those who have expressed keen interest!
- Finally, a big part of future work with my writing-based visual art is going to require more sets of hands to come to life. If you are, or know ,a graphic designer who has experience with print media and digital publications, especially those with expertise in lettering, please get in touch with me via firstname.lastname@example.org for an opportunity to work with an artist (me!) as a project specific intern. I have nothing to offer aside from a unique opportunity to work on the digital foundations for the next big phase of Qena Sint'isis and share the acknowledgement in the works derived from it. I have no preference for designers' location or background, absolutely anybody with a love of lettering may inquire.
Thank you for everything and I will be updating again soon.